SAM needs your help. Please donate to support our mission and work — or volunteer your time. We have plenty to do and value every contribution. SAM seeks to work with organizations that care about public health and safety and social justice. We aim to create partnerships that leverage resources for maximum impact.
SAM is always looking for interns, volunteers, and research assistants. Please inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
[box type=”shadow”]SAM, working in conjunction with other groups, will engage in the following projects:
- Convening a bipartisan, blue-ribbon commission of experts to examine U.S. marijuana policies and recommend courses of action.
- Creating model state and federal laws that funnel marijuana users to interventions or treatment and strike an appropriate balance with the goals of public health and safety.
- Collaborating with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to develop a program that expedites research of marijuana’s potential medical utility and offers non-smoked marijuana extracts to the seriously ill.
- Developing and launching public information campaigns focused on the science of marijuana use and marijuana’s potential impact on health, especially adolescent health. We also seek to make the public more aware of the potential impact of a tobacco industry marketing marijuana.
- Holding public meetings in disadvantaged communities to solicit input about how to better reform current marijuana policies, increase social justice and reduce incarceration.